5 RULES TO NAIL THAT ATHLEISURE LOOK
BY HEATHER M. (US) for FITLEGEND
Gone are the days when you feel apologetic for wearing your athletic gear all day. Because of the growing number of women who are more conscientious about marrying their busy working schedule with a healthy lifestyle, athleisure wear has now become a staple in the wardrobe. Whether you like it or not, athleisure wear is here to stay. Although you can wear leggings to almost any event, we however think that it is still important to keep a proper sense of style.
We have listed below 5 rules to follow to look chic in your workout gear.
- Invest in high-quality fabric that shapes your body. Some designs enhance your shape and give you a boost in confidence. Choose fabrics that are sweat-wicking, stretchy, and breathable. Make sure they are comfortable to wear.
- Style appropriately for the event. Feel free to layer your sports bra under a chic fashion item or a nice tee to dress up the look. You don’t want to be denied entry into certain places for seriously violating the dress code.
- Ditch the heels and go for high-quality sneakers. Invest in premium trainers.
- Accessorize with a nice pair of Chanel sunglasses or a Hermes Birkin bag (just like Victoria Beckham) to achieve that glam look.
- Comfort first. You want to make sure that you feel comfortable with what you are wearing. After all, your style is your personal statement.